- Download Minecraft from Minecraft's website here
- For Linux, they provide a Minecraft.jar to run Minecraft.
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the Minecraft.jar file in File Manager
- Open the file manager from start menu (start "X" button --> File Manager)
- Browse to where you downloaded the Minecraft.jar file
- Add executable permission to the Minecraft.jar file
- Right-click on the Minecraft.jar, then click on "Properties"
- Click on the "Permissions" tab
- Under the "Access Control" section, click on the "Execute" dropdown box and choose "Only owner"
- Click the "OK" button to save settings
- Run Minecraft
- Right click on the Minecraft.jar file and click on "OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime"
Modified on: Sun, 25 Sep, 2016 at 12:38 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.